|Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
To love and laugh and give!
What are you proud for accomplishing in 2008? Anything you wanted to accomplish that didn’t quite happen?
I don’t think I would call it really an accomplishment….but this year I was more than willing to accept responsibilities both in my personal and public life….I just felt like as you grow older I think you become more stubborn in a way that you won’t easily agree or accept things others want you to do….But in my case this year I was more cooperative^^ and more than willing to serve others….though still stubborn^^I am willing to be more flexible and cooperative next year….Looking back I remember when my boss told me to stay in the office for an extended time….I said to her “Hey ok from 7am to 2pm you’re still my boss but after 2pm you’re no longer my boss”….So I left and didn’t listen to her….Actually she was hurt then I knew it but I was so “arrogant”…Now I try to become more caring and weigh things first before I make my move….or any decision making…. As far as what I wanted to accomplish but didn’t quite happen….I don’t expect too much or anything when it comes to accomplishments coz I knew if you do you will only get frustrated….but ofcourse when I was younger I was so ambitious and so driven….Now I see myself as easygoing….I don’t know but some say it doesn’t really matter if you’re young or old….Some accomplish big things at the later part of their lives but others at a very young age…like Charice Pempengco haha….Maybe some are like Abraham Lincoln….He was better at the later part of his life….What’s important I guess is you never stop dreaming….you never stop aiming for something big in this world…So I think I still have something to look forward to…I guess so…..Two thousand eight….It was fun….I had lots of good memories….though there were some crying crying times^^still it was a great and wonderful year… .
Can you imagine life without Christmas? As a Filipino here are some of the things we might miss….
1. Noche Buena…..sharing a decent meal or whatever we can afford with our families after attending a midnight mass at Christmas….
2. Simbang Gabi…..we usually have holy masses for nine days every night in preparation for Christmas….
3. Kris Kringle….sharing gifts with friends and family….
4. Christmas Carols….some civic organizations and young people visit and serenade homes with Christmas songs usually for a good cause…..
5. Pagmano sa Ninong at Ninang….Filipino tradition of receiving gifts from godparents….
6. Family reunions….the best time to be with our families…..
7. Lechon, queso de bola, bibingka, puto bumbong, kalamay and other finger foods abound….”busog talaga” to the max^^
8. Christmas lights, Christmas lanterns, Christmas trees could be found mostly in Filipino homes whether in rural or urban areas….almost anywhere…. on the streets, malls, etc….
9. Christmas shoppings, bargains are always available…..everyone is happy I guess^^…..
10. Lastly it’s the best time to reconcile with family members and friends…..a time to humble ourselves…..
These are some of the wonderful things Christmas offer to us…..maybe some of them will be or might not be within our reach…..still I want Christmas to stay forever…..to be in our hearts always…..
Please join me in this “bear-y “special meme…..
The Spirit of BEAR-iuca
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away, there lived a powerful Genie Princess named Mariuca who was known throughout the land as the friendliest, most popular blogger in the blogosphere kingdom. Adored and admired by international visitors and commentators from around the world, the Genie Princess travels the blogosphere on her magical flying carpet, always looking for ways to share her good fortune with others.
Over the past two years of blogging, Mariuca has met so many new people, from all walks of life and all over the world, each one bringing a little of their culture and lifestyle when they visit and comment on Mariuca’s two sites. So on her 2nd Blog Anniversary, Mariuca wanted to celebrate with all of her international blogosphere buddies by hosting a bear-naming contests at Wishing On A Falling Star and Mariuca’s Perfume Gallery and to pass her two lucky, cuddly teddy bears along to the winners who came up with the best names.
On the opposite side of the world, from the moment Roxy (the prolific Roxiticus Desperate Housewives blogger) and her sweet daughters London and Maddie saw the teddy in his personalized t-shirt and blue muffler at Wishing On A Falling Star, they knew that he needed to come to live with their family in Mendham, NJ. The three New Jersey girls named him immediately and burst into a wonderful song for BEAR-iuca:
BEAR-iuca, BEAR-iuca, we’d love you to come live here!
Mariuca received 16 possible names for the Mariuca Teddy Bear, making it hard for the Genie Princess to choose just one…then Alakazam! A bolt of lightning delivered the perfect way to share BEAR-iuca’s good fortune to bloggers around the globe. While the soft, stuffed, cuddly BEAR-iuca is on his way to live with Roxy, London, Maddie and Rex in the Roxiticus Valley, the Spirit of BEAR-iuca is racing through the blogosphere to bring happiness, holiday cheer, and beary best wishes to everyone who welcomes him into their online home and passes along the BEAR-iuca good luck charm to ten friends.
Please play along with us by following a few important rules:
1. Add your site(s) to the list once you have received the Spirit of BEAR-iuca badge of teddy bear cheer.
2. Pass along the Spirit of BEAR-iuca and his cheery badge to as many people as you like.
3. Leave a comment HERE once you’ve passed on the Spirit of BEAR-iuca.
4. Once Roxy and the Genie Princess have visited your site to make sure your links are complete and proper, you will then be added to the Master List.
4. To ensure everyone receives equal link benefit, please UPDATE your list regularly!
1. Mariuca 2. Roxiticus Desperate Housewives 3. Mariuca’s Perfume Gallery 4. Roxy’s Best Of… 5. Bay Head Blog 6. Roxiticus Best Blogs 7. Emila’s Illustrated Blog 8. Metz – Empty Streets 9. The Spirit of Blogging 10. Speedcat Hollydale Page 11. Snapshot 12. purplefrogcat 13. Turn-u-Off 14. Simple Life 15. A Little Girl Talk 16. Life in the Lapadula House 17. Spicybugz World 18. The Mom With Brownies 19. Our High School Homeschool 20. Our Five Dangerous Boys 21. The Big Dog 22. LadyJava’s Lounge 23. Moments of My Life 24. Life is too short to be ordinary 25. A Great Pleasure 26. Time Goes By 27. Life According To Me 28. Laketrees 29. This is a miracle 30. Porcelain Doll 31. Moms…CheckNyo 32. Wonderful Things In Life 33. Sweet Nothings 34. Hot Shit Form Here 35. Not Just a Mom Site 36. The Life of a Mom 37. Wiehanne Lounge 38. The Painted Veil 39. My Crossroads 40. Little Mermaid 41. LOVE’s Haven 42. Also Mommy 43. The Journey 44. Comedy Plus 45. Making sense…(somehow) 46. The Modern Mom 47. Stay At Home Mom 48. Picture Clusters 49. Maiylah’s Snippets 50. Sweety tots 51. My Discoveries 52. A Life to Remember 53. Rekha 54. Crissy’s Haven 55. Crissy’s Library 56. Crissy’s Zone 57. Shopping Blog 58. Crafts and cooking 59. Asian Mutt International 60. A Simple Life 61. I AM KCAT 62. A Girl For All Status 63. Berry Blog 64. Carnation 65. Pinaymama’s Diary 66. Life’s sweets and spices 67. The Callalily Space 68. Butchay 69. Blessings in Life 70. Pinay Mommy Online 71. The Ruby Posts 72. Day Break 73. R…E…B…E…L?!? 74. VDAY CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY 75. Just the Tip of the Iceberg 76. Honeysweet Learning Center 77. Vsk8shop 78. A Diva’s Hammer 79. Arlene – Joys in Life 80. Listening..Learning..Living 81. Mommy’s Little Corner 82. Living one day at a time 83. Momhood Moments 84. SUPER INFO THAILAND 85. Life Ramblings 86. Samantha Ysabelle 87. Kikamz’ Just About Anything 88. SigneSays 89. Normz 90. Mymy 91. Lynlyn 92. Your Caring Angels 93. In The Eyes Of The Beholder 94. dayfly 95. Night Clicks 96. Life is What We Make it 97. Dancing in Midlife Tune 98. Fida Abbott 99. Lofty Matters 100. Modus Vivendi 101. Aha Mama! 102. Anything Goes 103. Chopsticks 104. GAGAY 105. Straight from the Heart 106. Nizhama2 107. Daily Ramblings 101 108. Sjtl’s Weblog 109. A Mother of Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow 110. Beautiful sOuL 111. At Pam’s 112. YOU Next!
I am inviting all of you to join this fun tag^^
randy325.blogspot.com, everythingkimchiblogspot.com, joanjoyce.com/blog, buhaykorea.com, johnny-ong.blogspot.com, zr5.net, howto-livelovelife.blogspot.com, mckhoii.com, mymoods.net, successfaces.com, thecakechronicles.blogspot.com, masterzhong.blogspot.com, azurewolf.vox.com,i-am-alchemist.blogspot.com,conservativeweasel.blogspot.com Continue reading
How time flies so fast!…..I’m getting old already^^…..but still there are so many things to learn…..It’s true that the more you learn the more you will realize that you need to learn more….The more you will realize that you are still innocent of the things around you…..that’s what learning or acquiring knowledge and wisdom is….That’s why we do not stop searching for answers to all our questions in life…..Even if you are already self sufficient still somehow you won’t stop asking questions…..because of our imperfections we aren’t yet satisfied…..There’s is no point of satisfaction….we always reach for the top….and when we get to the top…what then?…..There is what we call the law of diminishing return…..the tendency for you is to go backwards…..you will slowly return to where you belong…..to where you have been…..We have the ups and downs of life…..How does it feel to be on top?…..Maybe when you are already at the top…it’s gonna be too tough to raise one’s head up……because when you are at the top the tendency is for you to look down…..I feel like God created us to humble ourselves in the end….whether we made it or not…..His real intention in creating us is to be like Him…..to humble ourselves despite the success we might have in this world…..
According to a priest Jesus is like the evergreen….He is perennial and timeless….
So much is happening now in our world….The colors that we see vary….killings, threats, corruptions, immorality, global economic crisis, etc….which all lead to only one color….the color of greed….but through it all….Jesus remains the color of hope….our only hope in this ever changing world….He remains the evergreen….